Where are library computers located? Views: 47
For UVM affiliates:
There are over 200 computers available in the library for UVM affiliates. These computers require (NetID) authentication. They can be found:
On the main level:
- In the Reference Department
- In the Cyber Café
On the 2nd floor they are located along the wall above the main entrance and continuing back along the wall into the “Current Issues” area of the Periodicals department.
On the bottom floor, there are six located outside of the Government Documents/Maps department.
Public Access Computers:
There are public access computers available on every level of the library. These do not require login credentials. They are, however, secured and allow access only to limited sites (relating to research and email). They can be found:
- On the bottom floor, there is 1 outside of the Government Documents/Maps Department.
- On the main level, there are ten abutting the McRorey Gallery. One of these is wheelchair accessible. See handicapped accessible computing in the library.
- On the 2nd floor, there are 2 at the top of the main staircase, near the elevator.
- On the 3rd floor, there are two next to the elevator and there are also two in the book stacks area to the right of the stairs. The placement of these is meant to allow easy research of call number location.